Let’s begin with something small. I read a lot on the web. I thought I’ll post the most interesting links I come across and some commentary on them. I call it Read Today. It also gives me an idea of everything I read and what my interests are.
The best of today.
- Story about Steve Jobs demoing at UNIX – Steve did things his way. Was incredibly intense all the time but didn’t always know everything. I have had a few conversations with people at Apple who have had the pleasure of talking to Steve and working with them and this story is a classic recurring theme. He will charm you out of your body to an experience like none other. But it won’t be pleasant till he starts.
- Losing 100 pounds in 276 days – Clearly Alex is a programmer with the amount of data that he’s collected. But it’s fascinating that it comes down to CICO. Calories in vs calories out. This is an experiment I will now begin.
- Founders of Pokemon Go and their AR platform – Apple’s ARKit is probably the most advanced integration between augmentation and reality. Niantic might be parallel building something that’s just as amazing and powerful. Great videos in it too.
- The brain of the greatest rock climber in the world – Just watching his videos makes me sweat and I don’t like heights if im not enclosed in something like an airplane. This article talks about how we can work with the amygdala and fear-flight responses a little better.
- Anyone can be a designer – Every single time I face this “oh you are in design? Do you do anything?” question, I wonder where to send them to. Design is about collecting references, understanding movements, staying relevant and having the technical knowledge to deliver.